Designer Tutorial - Actors
How to convert and create actors for Roomancer
The easiest way to create a new item is to modify an existing one.
Please note: Don't modify moove resources directly.
Instead make a copy and add your designer abbreviation / tag / label to the name.
Submit the label at shop search to check, if it is already in use by another designer.
The following examples are always using "My". Please replace it with your own label.
When you create your own shop, you will get package and distribution hints.
Please pay attention to Copyright, e.g. you may not use resources from other designers unless it is explicitly allowed.
Tools and documentation can be found in our Shop under Developer,
in the Community menu section Designer
and in moove Roomancer "Extras", "Developer Tools".
Roomancer users can select ready made actors and combine in the actor studio.
Designers can create actors and components for the actor studio to add to those lists.
We will show you how to reuse resources and to create new ones.
- Please install the actor resources export tool.
- Start the tool at the Roomancer menu "Extras", "Tools", "actor resources export"
- In the tool please enter Body/Soul/Template/Class and Outfit - the names are case sensitive, e.g.:
Actor Class: Mark
Actor Outfit: Red
This tool can extract resources from existing actors.
All actors at the Roomancer menu "Actor", "Other..." can be used, e.g. no actors made with the actor studio.
After "OK" you will find the resources in the related "Actors" sub folder, e.g. c:\moove\Actors\mark@red
Resources from moove actors can be used without restrictions for moove online and for the Brand Worlds Tools.
Please ask the designer for permission, if you plan to use non-moove actors.
- The following help documents show how to convert actors. This way you learn to create ready made actors and components for the actor studio as well.
Conversion and creation of actors for the actor studio
Part II with example
- Follow this link for information about the keywords:
Documentation of moove’s own programming language DOORS
Tutorial - Sprites
Links for Designer